Choosing the right stone for your project is a big deal! If you’re building or renovating your kitchen or bathroom, granite and marble are likely options you are considering. The choice can be daunting, but the good news is both types of stones boast their own qualities, and each is absolutely stunning.
- A natural stone with a speckled appearance, available in a range of colours and dynamic variations in colour and pattern
- More cost effective
- Lower-budget options
- Less maintenence
- Stronger and harder than marble
- Less prone to scratches, stains, acid and heat
- Available in a range of finishes
- A natural stone with an unique aesthetic, typically light creamy coloured with dark veins throughout.
- Luminous and luxurious look
- More expensive
- More maintenance
- More prone to scratches, stains, acid and heat.
- Softer than granite and more absorbent
- Sensitive to acidic foods such as vinegar, lemon, tomatoes, wine, some cleaners, mildew removers and other materials commonly found in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Finished is dulled easier
- Limited colour availability
Here at the Granite Benchtop Company, we recommend granite for any application in the kitchen area. This is because most spills occur in these areas, especially with acidic products. Marble is an excellent and beautiful choice for those who don’t mind a little extra care and maintenance! Marble can be a superb stone to use in home areas than are used less, such as the bathroom or laundry. Often the chemicals we use in these areas are less harsh than those in the kitchen.
If you have any inquiries about granite or marble, just get in touch.